Sat Jan 26 16:33:52 CET 2008

!.png Hardware failure of nanofortnight

Almost one week ago we've got a hardware failure on nanofortnight. One heat sink lost contact. Now we tried a little bit of thermal grease to fix it. After a downtime to cool down we've got problems with almost all of our services.
The problem was based upon the fact that we replaced dnscache with the nameservers of our provider.
But we forget that /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten with the config of /etc/conf.d/net on startup. So everything couldn't be resolved at this time anymore.

Today I was at the data center and fixed it myself. Everything should be up, running and just fine. Sorry for any inconviences. If you still notice some strange things, please report it.
At the end I want to thank again the team of mammutware for the great support.


Posted by Sebastian Wieseler | Categories: projects/programming |